Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)
Prospective Marriage Visa
Using this visa, you can come to Australia to marry your future spouse and then apply for a Partner visa
Are you in a serious relationship in Australia and want to take the next step towards marriage with your partner?
The Prospective Marriage Visa, subclass 300, could be the chance you’ve been looking for. This visa, designed to bridge the gap between overseas couples who are engaged to marry, open the way for a lovely path towards love and partnership in Australia.
Understanding the Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)
The Prospective Marriage Visa, also known as the Subclass 300 visa, is a visa option for couples who are not yet married but are engaged. The prospective marriage visa holder, commonly known as the applicant, is allowed to go to Australia to marry their Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen partner.
- Sincere Intention to Marry: You and your spouse must truly intend to marry within the visa’s nine-month validity term to be eligible for the Subclass 300 visa.
- Health and Character Examinations: To guarantee that you and your relationship represent no risk to the Australian community, you and your partner must both meet health and character standards.
- Sponsorship: Your visa application must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor in Australia, often your fiancé(e). This sponsor must be a citizen of Australia, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Age Requirement: When you apply for the visa, you must be at least 18 years old.
The Application Process
- Lodging the Application: The application process begins with the submission of a fully completed visa application form. You and your sponsor will both be required to present documentation such as proof of identity, relationship evidence, health evaluations, and police clearance certificates.
- Assessment: The Department of Home Affairs will review your application to ensure that all requirements have been met and that all documents are genuine.
- Decision: After your application has been reviewed, you will be notified of the outcome. If you are successful, you will be issued a Subclass 300 visa.
- Marriage and Travel: You can travel to Australia to marry your partner within the nine-month visa validity period if you have your visa. Following your marriage, you can apply for a Partner visa to continue living together in Australia.
Benefits of the Subclass 300 Visa
- Spending Quality Time Together: This visa allows you and your spouse to spend time together in Australia, allowing you to plan your wedding and strengthen your relationship.
- Pathway to Partner Visa: Following marriage, the Subclass 300 visa allows you to remain in Australia while your partner visa application is processed.
- Work and Study: Subclass 300 visa holders can work and study in Australia during their stay, extending the value of your time together.
- Exploring Australia: While arranging your wedding, you can also tour Australia’s beauty and culture together, creating lifelong memories.
Benefits of the Subclass 300 Visa
- Quality Time Together: This visa allows you and your partner to be together in Australia, facilitating quality time to plan your wedding and build your relationship.
- Pathway to Partner Visa: After marriage, the Subclass 300 visa provides a smooth transition to applying for a Partner visa, enabling you to remain in Australia while your partner visa application is processed.
- Work and Study: Holders of the Subclass 300 visa can work and study in Australia during their stay, adding more value to your time together.
- Exploring Australia: While planning your wedding, you can also explore the beauty and culture of Australia together, creating lasting memories.
The Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) provides an excellent chance for engaged couples to come together in Australia and begin their journey towards marriage and relationship. You can prepare the path for a beautiful and exciting future with your loved one in Australia by following the visa criteria and completing a complete and precise application.
Remember that each case is unique, therefore before applying for the Subclass 300 visa, get professional assistance from our RMA for the most up-to-date and correct information.
Mangalath Immigration is headed by a Registered Migration Agent (RMA) who will deal with your enquiries and give you advice and guidance on all issues to do with immigrating to Australia.
The General skilled migration program in Australia takes in highly skilled, experienced, English speaking applicants from a list of professions and trades. Candidates must meet the Basic Requirements and gain sufficient points to pass the points test
This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer, live and work in Australia permanently. You must have the necessary skills and must be nominated by an Australian employer. There are concessions for employers in regional areas.
Depending on your main course of study we will find you the right visa type. There are many visa options (also for permanent residence) that become available to applicants who have successfully completed full-time study in Australia.
Reviews from clients
Would you like more information on jobs and visas in Australia?